OCCUPATION:Prime Minister of Solomon Islands
QUALIFICATION:A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from the University of Technology, PNG (1979)
A Diploma of Commerce University of Technology PNG (1976)
A Graduate Diploma in Development Administration from Australian National University (1991)
DETAILS OF PARLIAMENTARY APPOINTMENTS
Hon Rick Hou was elected to the National Parliament of Solomon Islands for Small Malaita Constituency on 4th of August 2010. Re-elected to the National Parliament of Solomon Islands for Small Malaita Constituency on 19th November 2014. He was elected Prime Minister of Solomon Islands on 15th of November 2017.
• Democratic Alliance Party
• Minister of Finance and Treasury from 21 November 2011 to 8th September 2014
• Minister of Public Service from 18 April 2011 to 10 November 2011
Parliamentary Committee Appointments
• Chairman of Public Accounts Committee from 23 December 2014 to 15 November 2017.
• Member of Bills and Legislation Committee from 22 December 2014 to 15 November 2017.
• Member of Public Accounts Committee from 10th September 2010 to 18th April 2011.
• Member of Bills and Legislation Committee from 14th September 2010 to 18th April 2011.
Occupation Before Entering Parliament
• Senior Advisor, Executive Director, World Bank 2008 – 2010
• Governor, Central Bank of Solomon Islands 1993 – 2008
DATE OF BIRTH8th August 1958
HOME VILLAGERiverside, Small Malaita, Malaita Province.
NAME OF WIFE:Rachel Lily Hou
NUMBER OF CHILDREN:Four
RELIGION:South Seas Evangelical Church